Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Celebrate the Little Things!



This week we celebrated "Half Way Through Deployment Day" with a special treat... a DQ Cake. After a long overdue trip to the gym, we stopped on the way home at DQ, I told the girls they had to wait for just a minute while I picked up something special for them. I got in the car with the cake and explained to them we had made it half way through Daddy's deployment and we should celebrate! The cheered and were so excited!

Through all of this I have learned we need to celebrate the little things. I celebrated tonight that my father in law watered my garden for me when he dropped off the girls from soccer, that Coburn's Delivers will drop off my groceries tomorrow morning.  I had some struggles last week, the garage door opener was having issues and I had a flat tire, I tried to stay positive and celebrate that a simple reset for the garage opener and tire patch was all it took. Whew...

Stay focused on the positive things, no matter how big or little they are...you'll be glad you did!



No comments:

Post a Comment