Monday, April 16, 2012

Ever done something you didn't think you could?


Today's blog is meant to be interactive...
please leave your answer below in the comments section if you like:

Have you ever done something either during deployment or
another time in your life you never thought you could do?

My old glider didn't survive winter. It will soon be going in the fire pit. With that being said, yesterday I got the Sunday paper and saw a great glider for my patio on sale.  Problem is, yours truly is not very mechanical and the new glider came in a box, not even close to being assembled. Never fear, with the help of my two darlings and one trusty neighbor, we followed the instructions and got it assembled with hardly a hassle, in under two hours!

Sometimes it is these small victory's that empower us and keep us going.


1 comment:

  1. There have been a couple of those mental/physical challenges that I have managed to overcome in several deployments we have gone through. I have loaded up the boys and dog(s) and traveled cross country by myself...something I never thought I would do, not that I was stranger from long car trips, just to do a several day trip with little ones. I didn't know I would have the patience and mental strength to deal with all the stress of traveling with little ones on unfamiliar roads in heavy traffic. I also have moved without the help of my hubby, that one I really don't want to have to do again!
    I know things have given me strength, but also have given me a few headaches along the way too. Way to go on putting together the glider and for asking for help from friends...one of the biggest hurdles I still need to get over ;)

    ReplyDelete